Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back for a second year

I'm back in the classroom for a second year in the K-12 Partnership Program. This year I'll be in two physical science classrooms; it is my understanding that physical science breaks down to a semester of intro chemistry and a semester of intro physics. Most of the students are 10th graders and there are a few 11th graders.

My first day in class I introduced myself by telling the students a little about my educational background, how I came to be in their class, my goals, and a personal note (hobbies and favorite sports teams). I saw some students from last year, and I greeted them once the activity for the day began.

For the first few classes I want to become familiar with how the class is run. The students had a review of lab safety and are currently working on the scientific method.

1 comment:

Carol Cramer said...

Monisha,

Glad that you are back for the second year! Do the students seem to recall information about the scientific method or lab safety that they learned last year?

Did the students have any questions about what you are studying?

Carol Cramer